Lots of people have been making Bernie Sanders’ mitten memes in the past few days (see my analysis of them here), and LOTS more have been enjoying them! As a maker of slightly oversized mittens that get a lot of attention when I wear them, I thought, why not show them off like Bernie did? Don’t just make the meme, be the meme! So with my friend Edgar, I took a folding chair outside of my building, and assumed the pose to get a few pics below. And then I thought, as I often do for most things I do, why couldn’t other people do the same? I mean, lots of people would have fun and beautiful and awesome mittens to show the world. This is the perfect moment to show them, and this is the perfect way to show them!
There are lots of details here, but it’s easy once you go through it once or twice, because all it comes down to are the steps below, which you can just try for short video samples without reading the rest of the post, and see if you feel like you need to read the rest of it:
- Go to the online course as if you were going to view it
- Hold the Windows key while pressing g to get the recording interface
- Do a few setups (or not, but if so, you’ll be familiar with after first try)
- Start recording on the recording interface, press Play on the video
- Stop when done recording or when episode ends and URL changes to next episode. The site keeps on playing, but your video recording will not switch, it seems. You have to leave the video to play to record, unfortunately, not like file downloads, but you can keep it on mute.
Do a few demos first for a few minutes each to get things right. Then go at it for real. Good luck!
At my work’s Christmas party for kids, I volunteer to do some origami with kids and adult who want to give it a try. For the seasonally appropriate piece this year, I have chosen a Tie Fighter. More people are celebrating Star Wars than Christmas, after all! Seriously, tru-dat!
Facebook has employed a new and really annoying strategy to force its users to see more advertising. Pages that your Facebook friends LIKE, which have updates, are now showing up dead and center in your newsfeed when these pages have updates, and not just as an ad on the side of things! So stuff you don’t care about will be flooding your newsfeed via your friends even when your friends are not actually doing anything… and you’ll have to look through them to get past to the next stories! It is really annoying!!!
So how do you resolve this other than removing one story at a time in your newsfeed? What are the consequences of this? Why should you clean up your LIKE list? Read on to find out!