Quinoa pho? Yup!
And why the heck not? It was delicious! Not to mention healthy!
Add green onions and mint or a touch of other spices for some aroma and zing.
Eat with steamed rice or bread.
Just wanted to share a bit of a crazy concoction I improvised on for supper tonight. Use however much or little you like in your version of the recipe.
- Cook quinoa in a rice cooker till ready, then turn off to let cool while you do the rest here.
- Dice up fresh grape tomatoes, green onions and mint leaves.
- Turn on wok to frying temperature (just above medium for me).
- Cut up bacon strips into half inch bits.
- Throw into wok and mix around till fried to desired level.
- Turn off stove.
- Throw in quinoa and mix well.
- Throw in all the diced up stuff and mix well.
It’s really good, but I caution against eating too much. Quinoa is potent stuff! You’ll have a lot of energy without having to eat a lot. But at least it’s not like sugar high sort of energy overload or anything like that. If you’re doing anything like marathon training or needing lots of energy in food that tastes and is good, this is for you!
Yes, bacon is good for you. Accept that and your world will be better. 🙂