Willie Nelson just covered Coldplay‘s The Scientist song for the Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant chain that supposedly “buys more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant company in the country” (Fast Company).
From having created the Simpsons Facebook tagging meme that’s been stolen so many times over, I have converted the pieces into graphics 256 pixels wide that are ideal for Facebook profile pictures. I’m sure they are useful for some other applications as well, though these are not meant for the square avatars and buddy icons some applications require. If you want to use it as such, you’ll be asked to crop the picture and you can then decide if you still like it.
The pictures in the gallery below are all the same width, unlike how the thumbnails are show. To get the icons, please:
- Click on an image to see it full size.
- Right click and choose Download or download in whatever ways your browser does.
- Upload to where you want to use it, whether on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Bebo, WordPress, Blogspot, other blogs or other places.
- Click the Back button on your browser to come back to here or click the thumbnails below the picture to move on to the next picture.
- Please click here for a complete list of avatars, buddy icons and themed Facebook profile pictures on this site (see blue header near bottom of destination page).
Short post because there’s a 35 minute video from TED.com called Rebuilding America: One Slide Show at a Time, which I wanted to share. It is a very beautiful and inspiring talk, with some very funny moments, by social innovator Bill Strickland. He is gently accompanied by Herbie Hancock on piano. The talk is about Bill’s work and incredible journey from an at-risk youth to 1996 MacArthur “Genius” grant recipient from what he has done for other people, especially in Pittsburgh’s inner city neighbourhoods. It shares his breadth of vision, his amazing social networking skills and, most importantly, the life philosophies that got him here.
There are lots about how he lives life, views society and treats people, like the headline of this post.
You have to change the way that people see themselves before you can change their behaviour.
Take note, self, and all government policy makers and regulators, whose job it is to try and change people’s behaviour en masse.
The talk and stories within are all presented at a very “street level”, no nonsense involved, straight to the point, but so eye and heart opening, touching and warming from the differences he has made in the lives of people and they in his.
Today’s offering is The Simpsons, so Simpsons fans, let’s see how you stack up against Hello Kitty, Superheroes and Mr/Ms fans from your interest and downloads!
- Click on the Simpsons poster below to get it at full size.
- Right click on that picture and save to your computer.
- Upload it to your Facebook profile.
- Tag your friends (or let them tag themselves).
- Click the Back button on your browser to return to this post.
Please click here for a complete list of over 100 Facebook picture tagging memes on this site with which you can use for fun with your friends.
Please click here for graphics from the poster below which you can use for your Facebook profile at full profile size (and in some other applications, too). No names appears with the profile pictures.