I’ve been out of the loop for quite a long while on this one, and I apologize. The old format was a custom format which I had rather liked, but it was good only on screen. I haven’t been a big phone or mobile user so I never really looked at it on a mobile device all these years that people had started to view web sites on phones and small tablets! It looked fine on an iPad so I generally thought it was fine.
Tsu.co – Facebooking with Pay to You and Donations to Charity
Have you heard of a new, ethical social media site at TSU.CO? It’s a relatively new social media site that is like Facebook, except that it keeps 10% of ad revenue and gives the other 90% to its users based on traffic they generate!
That’s right. They not only give you ad revenue for your content which get viewed, but they give you the vast majority of that ad revenue!
This is NO joke! Not unless credible sources like the Huffington Post and Fast Company magazine are wrong with those linked articles and some already 4.5 million early adopters have been fooled. I highly recommend you read those linked articles to get a lot more information about the site rather than just read my quick summary. Facebook is worried about this little start-up that it has banned links to it, apparently, though saying Tsu violated its API conditions!
Then go get yourself an account, tell your friends and give it a try! It’s going to be slow going as if you don’t have many friends there already, as I don’t, it’s not going to be effective. However, that’s what happens when you’re an early adopter. Otherwise, wait till your friends have gotten a start and then give it a try. Same thing would have happened to Facebook, and is still happening to Google+.
Don’t do it for the money
While there is promise of pay for your social media content on Tsu, it isn’t going to be a lot of money unless you can get a ton of traffic! If you were able to generate that much traffic already on social media, you probably don’t need to use Tsu. No. If you try Tsu, do it for the love and values for which the site (and its creator/owner Sebastian Sobczak) stands.
For my part, I’m going to donate all the money I earn from Tsu to charity. Now, I’m no social media mogul. At this point, I don’t even have a friend on Tsu, lol. However, I’ll make that commitment right now. Maybe in a year I’ll have enough to make a donation. They have statistics and a bank account with analytics to show what you earn, which I can share as documentation. I’m fortunately enough I won’t need any revenue I might generate from Tsu so I’ll take this action to match the noble stand of the site owner.
Your usercode – digitalcitizen
Tsu needs a usercode for anyone to sign up. I’m not sure why this is but I’ll just provide you with one. What else would it be except
Give it a try and have fun!
The Virtual Model of You on MyStyleRules.com
Dec 23 2015 update:
A site representative has addressed issues I had brought up in this post in the comments. Please be sure to read it to complement what was mentioned here. Thank you to the reviewer for addressing the issue.
I happened on this site via Pinterest the other, called MyStyleRules.com. I’ll let their short promo video summarize what they’re all about before offering some comments after having tried it out. I also have lots of questions for anyone who wants to try and answer them.