This is the second go I had with using some beautiful toile I got in Manhattan. The first one was meant as a fitting and lining up picture fabric exercise. I was hoping I had the fit correct, but it was almost correct. Wearable, but not to my standards.
Convinced I was only one draft away from the shell pattern from which I would create many of my dress shirts, I went for it on this draft as if I had the final pattern. In case I was wrong, and I have been several times on this adventure already, I just did a design without yokes, appliques or other detailing. Never one to miss an opportunity, though, I picked out the only toile that I had to create a design where I had to line up a picture across the front seam. I also did it on the left body seam, being my weaker arm that doesn’t move as much as my right that exposes the lined up right seam. I couldn’t line up all seams, though since that would have required the pattern repetition to be ideal for my upper body pattern circumference.