Settling a soccer match by penalty kicks is like deciding…
- Boxing decisions by having fighters taking turn freely punching each other till one goes down.
- Baseball ties after 9 innings with a home run hitting contest.
- Basketball ties in regular time with a free throw or 3 point shooting contest.
- American football ties with a field goal kicking contest.
- Tennis ties with an ace serving contest instead of tie-breakers.
Soccer needs an alternative that involves the natural play of the game! What alternatives? Here are some to consider.
The 2012 NFL draft is tonight. Players will be drafted out of school. Players will be traded for positions and picks. Players will be kept or let go to free agency pending who gets picked up. It all generates a huge amount of hype, no matter which sports draft you’re talking about. And that got me thinking… what would that be like in the work force?
According to Environment Canada’s senior climatologist David Phillips, a septillion snowflakes fall on Canada each year. That’s a fact every Canadian should know so that the next time anyone asks them about lots of snow in Canada, they can quantify it. Then here’s how to put it into perspective for someone.